Please note that students are routed and assigned to buses at a single stop location based on the address they have registered at their school. Waiver students, walkers and students destined to alternate locations other than than their primary home address, e.g. daycare, split household, grandparents, are not eligible for transportation.
Students may inquire about available space on a bus by completing a Transportation Request Form. Completion of forms does not guarantee a bus ride or change in stop location.
Bus Pass Requests
Regular Route Bus Passes
Regular route bus passes are available from the Main Office before school or during lunches.
Seats are limited to only one pass per open bus, so availability is not guaranteed and passes are issued on a first come first serve basis.
If there is room on the bus, supply the Main Office with a parent / guardian signed note that includes the following information:
- Date pass is to be effective
- First and last name of your student
- First and last name of the student with whom your child is going home
- Address where your student is disembarking the bus (established stop) - please visit the NSD transportation website to determine the established stop.
- Indicate duration (today only, or a specific period of dates)
- Parent or guardian signature
- Open dated passes are not allowed
If approved, a bus pass will be issued to the student by the Main Office. The student must hand this pass to the driver when boarding the bus.
Please note the following regarding bus passes:
- Bus pass requests cannot be taken over the phone or by email. All requests must be completed in person with the aforementioned signed note.
Activity Bus Passes & Routes
- NSD will be providing after school activity buses on a daily bus pass only basis from TMS on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- The activity routes do not have the same bus stop locations as the regular routes. Three bus routes cover the same area in the evening that a dozen bus routes regularly cover in the AM/PM.
- The coach or supervisor of each after school activity will distribute passes to students for activity buses every day.
- These passes do not require a note from a parent or guardian.
- Students do need to know which activity bus and stop they will use, so please visit the Activity Bus Schedule page for maps and stop listings.